In the event of an injury (Player, Coach, Team Volunteer, Referee, etc.)
1. Attend to the injured individual and seek appropriate care. ...
2. When things have calmed down, send a brief email notifying both your Age Group Coordinator and the Safety Coordinator (Todd Boehm) of the injury.
3. In the event of an injury, a Hockey Canada Injury Report must be completed and forwarded to Hockey Alberta. The report, along with any attachments should be mailed to Hockey Alberta at the following address:
100 College Blvd.
Box 5005, Room 2606
Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5
Hockey Canada Injury Reports must be submitted within 90 days of the date of injury in order for a claim for expenses to be made. The Hockey Canada Insurance program is the secondary insurer - this means that a claim must be submitted first to any other plan available through an employer or independent provider.
- The form has sections to be filled out by an attending physician or dentist
- Injury Reports must be submitted within 90 days of the date of injury
- The forms are vitally important for Hockey Alberta injury statistical reporting, which drives Hockey Alberta policy
- The forms also are required to access Hockey Canada insurance. The Hockey Canada Insurance program is a secondary insurer - this means that a claim must be submitted first to any other plan available through an employer or independent provider.
Hockey Canada Insurance Program
When are you covered:
- During a Hockey Alberta SANCTIONED event (league games, tournaments, practices, training camps, and sanctioned fund-raisers) involving and/or WHEN PLAYING OTHER MEMBER (HOCKEY CANADA/OTHER BRANCH) TEAMS ONLY.
- During transportation directly to and from the arena or venue for the above sanctioned events.
- While billeted or at a hotel during the above sanctioned events.