Lake Bonavista Coach Resources
Lake Bonavista Hockey is invested in the training and development of its coaches. All Bonavista Hockey coaches and assistant coaches must meet the coaching certification requirements as outlined by Hockey Calgary.
The deadline for all Coaching Certifications to be completed is November 15 of the current season.
- Hockey Calgary's Coach Certification information (including a link to Hockey Alberta's Coaching Requirements by Age Level) can be located here.
- The "Respect in Sport For Hockey Canada Activity Leaders" certification is required of ALL BENCH STAFF. This is NOT the same certification as the Parent program.
For further details & to register please click here.
- "Hockey Canada Safety Program - Level I" is now a four-hour online program referred to as “Hockey University - Online Safety”. One registered team official must be certified in the Program and MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE AT ALL GAMES. It is strongly recommended that all Bench Staff possess the Safety Qualification. For further details & to register please click here.
Hockey Alberta Coaching Clinics In Calgary
Information from Hockey Alberta regarding upcoming coaching clinics in Calgary can be found on the Hockey Canada Website. These clinics will fill up fast, if you are interested please do not wait to register.
For further details and to register please click here.
Please retain your receipts for costs associated with obtaining your coaching requirements and send them to VP Operations (Corrina McClement) to determine if they are eligible for reimbursement.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact VP Hockey Development (Tyler Bungay).
General Coaching Resources
- Lake Bonavista Breakers Timbits Skating Drills
- Lake Bonavista Breakers Novice Schedule and Rotation Template
- Lake Bonavista Breakers Parent Meeting Template
- Hockey Calgary Coach Resources Page
- Hockey Calgary Practice Plan Template
- Hockey Canada Coaching Essentials
- Hockey Canada Concussion Toolbox
- USA Hockey Coaching Manuals & Guides